Awards | CGFM | Community Service | Corporate Sponsorship | Communication | Early Careers | Education | Finance | Meeting & Attendance | Membership | Program | Chapter Governance | Strategic Plan Brochure
Click on the above links to read the plans for our committees.
AGA is the premier association for advancing government accountability.
The Nashville Area Chapter of the Association of Government Accountants fosters learning, certification, leadership, and collaboration for professionals and stakeholders committed to advancing government accountability.
Accountability - Promoting and advancing accountability in government
Communication - Providing opportunities for members to learn and grow through education, meetings, and networking events
Diversity - Respecting the ideas and perspectives of all members
Integrity - Fostering the highest professional standards of ethical conduct and behavior and exemplary services to all levels of government
Leadership - Providing experience to members to advance leadership roles in government
Service - Attending to the needs of our members, the governmental financial sector, and the community
Member Value - The chapter maximizes member value through quality programs, products, and services.
- Attract and retain a diverse and growing membership
- Provide members with opportunities for networking such as meetings and social events
- Provide services to others to demonstrate the chapter’s commitment to improving the quality of life in our community
- Provide scholarship programs to provide financial assistance to members and develop future governmental accountability professionals
- Maintain fiscal responsibility of chapter financial resources
- Provide effective communication to members
Education/Certification - The chapter enhances government accountability by providing continuing education to meet the changing needs of the government accountability profession.
- Provide quality, affordable training events
- Promote the Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) as the preferred professional designation
- Provide speakers at chapter meetings to discuss current events and other topics of interest to our members
- Promote accountability, integrity, and competence in government
- Generate revenue to support other chapter activities
Leadership/Professional Development - The chapter provides opportunities for members to serve the chapter and gain leadership experience.
- Promote involvement in chapter governance
- Promote active participation by early career members in chapter activities
- Promote involvement of members in national leadership roles and award opportunities
- Acknowledge contributions made by members to enhance chapter and national activities
- Maintain or improve our chapter’s leadership position at the regional and national levels